A Love Letter in a Cup

A Love Letter in a Cup
Photo by Laura Briggs

Monday, June 29, 2020

Full Distractions

Occasionally I need to get out of my own head with high urgency. Thoughts go around like a spiral staircase to nowhere and leave me feeling dispassionate, unmotivated, and stuck in a loop. In those moments, the usual things I choose to do for enjoyment may not be demanding of my full attention to keep me from continuing in a thought maze. Usually combining a couple at a time, here's some things that help get me through:
  • Sporcle quizzes, especially ones about geography
  • Reruns of Gilmore Girls, Buffy, Sex and the City, etc.
  • Shopping, especially places I've forgotten existed like American Eagle
  • Shoe videos of pumps on Saks website
  • Attempting intense makeup looks (contouring is HARD)
  • Paint by numbers
  • Jigsaw puzzles
  • Puzzle books, like hidato and easy crosswords
  • Video games, even Two Dots on my phone (current obsession)
  • Karaoke of old songs (Why are things so complicated, Avril?)

No comments:

Post a Comment